What are painting or acrylic sealants?
Painting or acrylic sealants, also known as paintable sealants, are commonly used in the construction and painting industries. Due to their form stability, they are ideal for sealing walls and windows, especially during preparation for painting or finishing of joints in masonry and plasterwork.
The Strengths of Painting or Acrylic Sealants
- Good form stability: Painting or acrylic sealants retain their shape, which means they are suitable for sealing surfaces that do not change shape after drying, such as walls and windows.
- Easy to smooth: Painting or acrylic sealants are easy to smooth, giving the sealant a professional appearance.
- Quick and easy to paint over: Painting or acrylic sealants dry quickly and are easy to paint over, allowing you to continue your painting work quickly.
- Weak elasticity: Painting or acrylic sealants have weak elasticity, which means they are not suitable for sealing surfaces that move or expand regularly, such as bathrooms or kitchens.
- Not water resistant: Painting or acrylic sealants are not water resistant, so they are not suitable for sealing in areas with regular water presence, such as bathrooms and kitchens.